Hello, this is Joseph Holsten from Sous Chefs. This is the first time I’ve put together a cookbook releases announcement, so please tell me what I could make better. Or stop doing terribly!
redisio 3.0.0 - Major release & new maintainers!
3.0.0 - 2018-11-27
- This cookbook is now maintained by the Sous Chefs. If you’re interested in helping with maintenance or learning more check out https://sous-chefs.org/. Thank you Brian Bianco for the work you’ve done over the years on this cookbook. We’ll be sure to take good care of it.
- This cookbook now requires Chef 13 or later
- Incompatibilities with the latest selinux_policy cookbook have been resolved by using Chef’s built in selinux helpers
- All Chefstyle warnings have been resolved
- Contributing.md and CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md files have been added
- The build_essential resource is now directly used so that the built in resource in Chef 14+ can be used. This increases the required build-essential cookbook to 5.0+
- Duplicate dependencies in the Berksfile have been removed
- The chefignore file has been updated to prevent more unnecessary files from being uploaded to the chef server
- Data bags are now loaded with the data_bag_item helper instead of Chef::EncryptedDataBagItem.load directly
- Testing has been updated to use Delivery Local Mode which is built into ChefDK. The legacy Rakefile, Vagrantfile, Thorfile, and Cheffile have been removed
- Platforms in Test Kitchen configurations have been updated and dokken images are now used in dokken
sc-chruby 0.0.1 - initial release!
- Includes a resource to install
selinux_policy 2.3.2 - fixes & cleanup
2.3.2 - 2018-11-29
- Cache which helper method calls
2.3.1 - 2018-11-29
2.3.0 - 2018-11-27
- Further fixes for the earlier refactoring
- Repair CI jobs
grafana 3.0.1 - platform updates
3.0.1 - 2018-11-27
- Add support for amazon. Chef 13 and later identifies platform_family as ‘amazon’: https://docs.chef.io/deprecations_ohai_amazon_linux.html
- Update to Grafana 5.3.4
- Drop support for Ubuntu 14.04
- Add support for Ubuntu 18.04
Thanks for sticking with me, that wasn’t too bad, was it? See you next week (but probably on monday instead of wednesday)!