This week we released Apache2!
We’re looking for user configurations to test backwards compatability.
Nginx have been transferred to the Sous-Chefs this week.
Nginx is going to be modelled after apache2 style
Update of our best practices:
- Low level of abstractions, it should be as close to the documentation as possible
- Don’t make the simple things hard to do, just to meet a niche use case
- Cookbooks are made to serve the 95% use case
- Low maintenance overhead
Thursdays PR Help Session
- Enable people with little experience to get up to speed
- Help people open PRs or perspective
- Catch-up with inflight PRs
- Follow the thought process of reworking cookbooks
We’re looking to start a Boneyard similar to Chef Boneyard, for Sous-chefs cookbooks that we don’t actively maintain.
We have a number of candidates to remove poise. The main aim for this project is to bring these cookbooks into line with Sous-Chefs standards.
This should mean that more people will be able to contribute patches and improvements to them in the future.
Candidates for de-poise
- Hashicorp Vault
Thursdays Hack Session
This week we are going to run a hack session on de-poising HAProxy. Come along if you want to learn anything about cookbook maintenance!
We will be running the session at 5pm GMT.